Thursday, January 24, 2013

Etsy: homemade beauty heaven

I've always admired Etsy for its quirky jewellery ranges and gifts, but I have never taken the time to look at its beauty offerings - until now. As soon as I browsed the beauty section, the inevitable happened; I clicked favourite on almost everything I saw, including products that I would never usually consider (like blue and green lipsticks?!).

Quite frankly, the things I found were just too amazing to keep to myself, and so I couldn't wait to do my next blog post and share them with you. So here's my top 10 favourite products so far. Let me know if you make any impromptu purchases - I probably will (on pay day of course!).

1/Rose Wood Make-Up Brushes, £19.44, MICUSTOMCRAFTS

il_570xN.415247954_qbzp


I love a good make-up brush, so I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this gorgeous honduran rose wood pairing. They are a little pricy, but any good make-up brush will always be a bit more expensive than you would expect, and these two just ooze high quality and class.

Buy them here (includes shipping).

2/True Green Eyeshadow Natural Mineral Make-Up, £3.24, Lovemyskincosmetics

xxxx

Hazel eyes love green eyeshadows, especially those that are jade in tone, so I know this colour would be great for me. I already have a MAC pencil eyeliner in this foresty shade, but it would be good to alternate with the eyeshadow and possibly add a thin line of black liquid eyeliner to make my lashes pop. Great price for a natural product.


3/Hair Chalk (Temporary Colour Pastels), £2.59, Sharee Boutique 

il_570xN.364804735_234t

I just love the rainbow tips hair trend that is around at the moment. Although I have brown hair, i think it makes blonde hair look fab and love the look, so I had to share it with you! If anyone know how these colours can look good on dark hair, I am all for a learning curve! Good price for a multi-use product and easy to wash out for those looking for a quick style fix! 


4/Medusa Opaque Matte Lipstick, £4.53, Impulse Cosmetics

xxxxx

The first thing that struck me with this product is the finish of the colour and how good the matte effect was. I also loved that it was called Medusa as I thought it could bring out the siren in everyone. Very good price and the shop owner claims it is creamy and moisturising, which it would definitely need to be to maintain a matte effect. I reckon it's worth a try, or two! 


5/Indigo Blue Liquid Eyeliner, £5.51, MilkFancy

xxxxxx

I've never tried a gel eyeliner before but I love the idea of choosing different colours to suit my mood and having the freedom to be a bit more creative. Having dark hair and hazel eyes, I can get away with using strong colours on my eyes and lips (not at the same time though, obv), and so this shade of blue is totally perfect. 


6/Make-Up Bag in Ecru and Black Natural Coloured Weave, £16, Olganna

xxxxx

It took me a while to find this make-up bag as I had to skip through all the floral, black and bright-coloured ones, but then I came across this beautiful and practical everyday nude bag and I really love it. There are plenty of pockets for brushes and products and the price indicates it is made with quality fabrics. I definitely want this. 


7/Cinnamon Bun Sugar Scrub, £6.80, SunKidGifts

il_570xN.378138034_6rl6

Don't worry, you did read that right - CINNAMON BUN BODY SCRUB. I can smell and taste it already. Looks like brown sugar - I want it bad! 


8/Mini Dragonfly Glitter Nail Polish, £1.90, HitPolish

xxx

Completely love the mermaid look that is trending at the moment and using this nail polish is a quick way to join the party. Either lay a coat on top of a block colour or layer it for the ultimate deep blue sea experience. Fab price and worth a try. 


9/Coconut Cabana Whipped Sugar Scrub, £6.48, BungalowBathBody

xxxx

This is summer all over and would be perfect to take away on holiday. It looks like pina colada ice cream and I bet it smells fantastic. I love a good sugar scrub. 


10/Moroccan Red Clay Facial Beauty Mask, £11.66, The Soap Opera Soaps

il_570xN.364244743_4s0o

There's something about clay that will always woo beauty lovers. This product would be perfect for a home spa day and it packs an extra punch with the argan oil included. I'm really intrigued by this one - try it! 


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading this post. Please leave your lovely comments here and I will always reply as soon as possible!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...