Friday, February 8, 2013

Mini Superdrug Hair Haul

xxxx
Garnier Olia & Herbal Essences

I've got that friday feeling, and there's nothing like a quick beauty shop after work to end the week nicely. As my hair is in need of a bit of TLC at the moment (no thanks to the freezing cold weather!), I swung by Superdrug and grabbed myself two of my beauty essentials - Herbal Essences' Tousle Me Softly Soft Waves Intensive Mask (was £3.99, now £1.85 for 200ml) and Garnier Olia Hair Dye in Iced Chocolate 4.15 (was £6.99, now £5.99). If I am honest, I nearly went for the Deep Red shade, but my previous experiences of dying my hair red reminded me not to (red roots anyone?! I think not).


photo (13)
Top view

xxxx
Front view

I usually go for the Herbal Essences Beautiful Ends Intensive Mask, which is amazing, but as I have naturally wavy hair I thought I would give this one a go. I have tried the Tousle Me Softly range before, so it's not really a risky purchase.


xxx
Product information and ingredients

You can lather this on from root to tip. It is advised to leave it on for 5 minutes, but nobody stands around in the shower for that long these days. These conditioners always work their magic for me, so if you are in a rush then it will work just fine.

See the ingredients above too.


xxx
Smells amazing!

When I lifted the lid, I could instantly smell the product and it's lovely. It has that classic Herbal Essences fruity fragrance and in terms of consistency it is a fairly thick and creamy formula. This is one of the things I love most about this product as I have thick hair and find it hard to get hold of a conditioner that absorbs well.

My second purchase was this amazing permanent hair colour from Garnier's Olia range. For those of you who haven't heard of Olia hair dyes, they are fab at-home colours made with 60% oils and no ammonia. I chose Iced Chocolate 4.15 simply because it is the closest to my hair colour.

As you can see, the main features of Olia hair colours are colour intensity, grey coverage, quality improvement and scalp comfort.


xxx
Looks good enough to eat!

xxx
Inside the box

Inside the box is the standard tools and formulations needed for at-home hair colouring. There's the instructions for use, a pair of black gloves for protection, a developer cream, a colourant cream, the Olia jar and applicator, and a lovely multi-application conditioner.

Having used this dye before,  I would really recommend it. The product doesn't dry out the hair as much as other products, which is a big plus for me.

What hair products have you bought lately?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading this post. Please leave your lovely comments here and I will always reply as soon as possible!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...