Thursday, May 2, 2013

April favourites: skin, face & body


What's that I can see outside? Is it the sun? Am I blind?

These are the questions I asked myself yesterday when May got off to a flying start with gorgeous weather, and it's the same today. Makes me so happy.

So I thought, what better time to do my first ever monthly favourites post? There's plenty of products for me to rave about this month, so I hope you enjoy :)

1. Marc Jacobs Daisy
A few spritzes of this floral fragrance and I'm ready to go. It's been making me so happy this Spring and I've had lots of compliments. Initially, I didn't think I would like this - but of course, as with any Marc Jacobs perfume, I soon changed my mind.

2. Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick in Fuschia Graffiti
This has definitely been my favourite lipstick for April. It goes really well with my hazel eyes and dark hair and just brightens up any make-up look, whether I go for natural or slightly smoky eyes. I just love fuschia, and this is just the right shade for spring/summer.

3. Bomb Cosmetics Blackcurrant Body Polish
I can't rave enough about this product - it's such a moisturising scrub and it smells so amazing. Imagine a pot of blackcurrant fruit pastels slightly liquidised and you have the Bomb Cosmetics Blackcurrant Body Polish. It's lasting me a long time too! 

4. Caudalie Antioxidant Body Lotion
I've actually just run out of this, which makes me very sad! It's such a lovely formula - glides on to the skin beautifully and doesn't take long to dry at all. It also smells really spa-like, which helps it to feel like a bit of a high-end experience putting it on.

5. B.Pure Micellar Water
I bought this just to try it out, as I always remove make-up before i cleanse, but I was hooked from the first use. It's really easy to use and you always use more than you need to by default, but it lasts a long time and removes tough mascaras too. It's a staple product in my skin care routine now. 

6. Philips VisaPure Cleansing Brush*
I was lucky enough to attend the press event for this a few months back now - and I haven't put it down ever since. Ive always been a bit sceptical about cleansing brushes, thinking that companies are making inaccurate claims, but seeing is believing. I can truly say that my skin is in better shape since using it. There's a sensitive head too, which is great. It is really expensive - but if you are willing to invest big in your skin, you need this! 

7. La Roche-Posay Thermal Spring Water
If you follow me on twitter @shotofbeauty then you'll know that I've been going on and on about this beaut of a product. I first discovered it after my laser treatment with Harley Street dermatologist Dr Ariel Haus, after he told me it was the best way to moisturise the skin. Having used this every day, I am convinced it has made my skin softer. And it's also very refreshing. 

8. Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer 
It takes a lot for me to betray Benefit's Erase Paste, but it's happened. Healthy Mix Concealer is a lovely, creamy formula with great coverage. And it's about £10 cheaper! I'm in.   

9. L'Oreal Mythic Oil*
The lovely team at Fabriah sent me the Mythic Oil to try after I tweeted about the best hair oils for damaged and dry tresses. It really does live up to the fantastic reviews - I often wash my hair in the evening and wake up with silky hair in the morning. It smells lovely too. The only thing I would say is you do need more than the 2 pumps it suggests on the bottle, if you have very thick hair like me. Just use it on the mid to ends.

What do you think of my favourites? What are your favourites? xxx

12 comments :

  1. Great post. I haven't tried any of these! Right now I am loving Liz Earle Cleansing Balm. Ginvera BB Cream - has surpassed EL Doublewear as my favourite base and that is no mean feat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bettina! Let me know if you do try them - I really like the caudalie body lotion and the concealer is lovely. I think the Ginveraa BB cream does look lovely - it's the only BB cream I've been interested in! Haha x

      Delete
  2. I want to try this micellar water, I'm being good and using what I've got first though :)
    Kirsty x

    Prettybugblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is good! I really like the B.Pure one and I hear the La Roche-Posay one is good too x

      Delete
  3. Looks like you've got some great stuff. I haven't heard of some of them, but I'm dying to try out a micellar cleansing water. I hear they're so good at removing makeup and I NEED that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! I always take my make up off before cleansing and I really like the B.Pure one xxx

      Delete
  4. Great selection of products! I didn't realise La Roche-Posay did a thermal water spray! I love the sound of the Mythic Oil xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! Yes they do and it's amazing. Mythic oil is also really good xxx

      Delete
  5. Really want to try the Mythic Oil! Lovely post :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! It's great for when you've got any tangles too. Thanks lovely x

      Delete
  6. I recently got the Bomb blackcurrant scrub and can't wait to try it - it smells incredible! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so so good! Really moisturising too x

      Delete

Thank you for reading this post. Please leave your lovely comments here and I will always reply as soon as possible!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...