Tuesday, May 21, 2013

L'Oréal Professionnel Mythic Oil


After the epic fail that was Moroccanoil hair oil treatment, I totally lost interest in finding a post-conditioner product to nourish and repair my straw-like tresses. 

But whereas 'm' would usually stand for 'meh' when it comes to hair oils, it now stands for 'marvel' thanks to my new go-to hero hair product - L'Oréal Professionnel Mythic Oil.

I didn't know anything about this product until I called upon the trusty bblogger community to spill all about the best and the worst oils out there. I wanted to know what I was missing out on, and the responses all pointed in the direction of the mysterious Mythic Oil. 

I was lucky enough to receive a sample from online professional hair retailer Fabriah and I haven't looked back since. 


Mythic Oil is a 'nourishing oil suitable for all hair types'. It is infused with a blend of grapeseed oil, which is ultra moisturising and full of antioxidants, and avacado oil, which is softening and great for a hot deep conditioning treatment.

In terms of application, as you can see above, it comes with a pump dispenser. I really like that the pump nozzle is designed so that you don't overuse the product, which is easy to do with hair oils that just have a screw cap. This makes sure you save money on buying another bottle too soon, and also stops your hair getting too greasy after washing it.


The oil itself is clear and light in texture. You only have to use 1-2 pumps per application, so the 125ml bottle will last ages, but this really depends on your hair. As I have thick hair, I tend to use 3 pumps sometimes, just to make sure all of the ends are covered and see the nourishing effects of the oil.

It smells gorgeous and reminds me of being at the hairdressers, which gives it a luxurious and professional edge. It's safe to say I'm in love.

What do you think of this hair oil? xxx

*This post contains a free sample. All views are my own

7 comments :

  1. I've been looking for this everywhere! It sounds so lovely and I will try it one day. Lovely review! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fab hair oil and so much better than moroccanoil - in my opinion anyway ;) I think it's actually on sale at the mo at Fabriah! :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Oh I tried this and hated it, well my hair did... :o( x

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love hair oils and I think I've seen this out and even picked it up and then put it back! I might have to try it now I've read your review :)

    Jamie-Lee | Glitter Infatuation | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a little sachet sample of this but not used it yet, will have to use it soon as it sounds lush!xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting. Moroccan Oil is doing well for me

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so want to try this! Looks amazing. I'm loving reading all your posts...

    Molly x
    Lyonsnotes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading this post. Please leave your lovely comments here and I will always reply as soon as possible!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...