Thursday, June 6, 2013

The skin care tag


Everyone who reads my blog will know that skin care is my favourite topic to cover, so big thanks goes out to the lovely Kat at Tales of a Pale Face for tagging me! You can check out her blog here and her tag post here too. 

THE TAG

Describe your skin care routine in 5 words
Cleanse, refresh, moisturise, nourish, protect

What's your skin type?
My skin type is oily/combination and prone to hormonal acne

What's your favourite skin care product?
At the moment, I'm absolutely loving La Roche-Posay's Effaclar H moisturiser. It's so soothing and hydrating, but my skin never feels clogged up by it. It just feels like silk on my skin and you don't need much per application. I really, really rate it.

Top blemish zapper
For me, the best blemish zapper is finding the best cleanser for your skin type and using it every day to get into a routine. I used to find the Freederm spot zapper quite good, but as I've got older I find all the textures quite sticky and invest more in cleansing. A cleansing brush also really helps - my skin has changed for the better after using the Philips VisaPure.

Face wipes yay or nay?
Absolutely nay. Think about a 2-in-1 product for your hair - does it ever feel moisturised and nourished? It doesn't for me, so why would I expect any different from my skin care? I'm a real believer in each component for itself, so no matter how great face wipes sound I know using thing separately gets better results.

High-end skin care or high-end make-up?
This is a difficult question, but if my skin wasn't in good condition I wouldn't see the value in buying high-end make-up, so I'd have to say high-end skin care. In the past, I've invested so much time and money in drugstore cleansers, exfoliators and moisturisers and I've always been disappointed. The more you spend, the better for your skin (in my opinion anyway).

What's the most unusual skin care product you've tried?
I think there was a product I tried from the Rodial Snake range that had a really strange texture. It was quite thin but grainy and I couldn't work out if I liked it or not! 

You're in a french pharmacy and can only pick up one item - what is it?
La Roche-Posay Thermal Spring Water - it's so refreshing and moisturising and since I've been using it I haven't looked back. For something that sounds like it is just water in a can, it's a skin care power tool in my eyes.

Tell us your top skin care tip
Decide on a routine and stick to it - if you chop and change your products, it's likely that you'll have to wait longer to see any results. Most products take months to make a real difference, so if you really like a product and don't think it's doing anything for your skin then give it another couple of weeks and see if you feel the same. Take a picture at the beginning and after 3 months to see if it has made a difference and you might just surprise yourself!

WHO I'M TAGGING

Hope you enjoyed the tag! xxx

12 comments :

  1. Thanks for the tag hun! I'm obsessed with skincare too so I'll definitely be doing this! I like the sound of the Effaclar H moisturiser xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Effaclar H is my fave moisturiser ever. It's so lovely and doesn't clog up the skin xxx

      Delete
  2. OOh loving this tag, have written a reminder to do this, you might have to nag me xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely and thanks for doing the tag :) xxx

      Delete
  3. Love this tag! Looking forward to posting it on my blog - thanks for tagging me chick xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megan - pleasure! Loved your tag too x

      Delete
  4. Great tag post! :) x


    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post hun, really interesting to see what skincare everyone uses.
    It's such an individual thing isn't it?
    Thank you so much for tagging me :)
    Here's my post:

    http://letsgetlippy.com/?p=6693

    Lippy Love,
    LiLi Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetie! Loved your tag post - great skin care tips and refreshing to see Mary Kay skin care xxx

      Delete

Thank you for reading this post. Please leave your lovely comments here and I will always reply as soon as possible!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...